Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Go Bison

2 words - Bison Win!!

Although I'm not an avid football fan (Chris can definitely attest to this) and I don't follow any 1 football team regularly, I do and always will hold a place in my heart for the Bison. They are after all my alma mater.

NDSU fans invaded Minneapolis (to the tune of 10,000+ fans) to watch the Bison defeat the Gophers this weekend, 37-24. It was a fun game - and although we were probably outnumbered in the stadium you wouldn't have known it by the level of noise that NDSU fans can produce.

You can't have a football game without some tailgating either. This, I have to admit, was even more fun than the game itself. I was able to meet up with and talk to some of my old college friends that I haven't seen or talked to in such a long time.

Jill and Abbie - 2 of my KD's
  
Kayla and I - self portraits are immensely hard to take with a huge SLR camera...
Kayla and her man - Kranda
Jason and his g/f Emily. 
After tailgating it was time to get our game faces on (GFO as I like to call it sometimes). TCF Stadium is an awesome stadium - but it would be even more awesome if they would serve me a beer or 2 during the games....I'm just sayin'... :)




Yes, we were fairly high up, but it didn't seem to bother anybody. The herd took home the victory and it was a proud moment for every Bison fan. Chris just smirks and shakes his head at me every time I bring it up. He happens to be a HUGE Badger football fan (University of WI, Madison). He also smirks because the Gophers are the worst team in the Big 10 conference right now so to him, beating the Gophers is no huge feat. Whatevs dude. I'm proud of my Bison!!!


This weekend is NDSU's homecoming and I will actually be attending this year!! I can't even recall the last time I was back to Fargo. Probably since the last time I went to Homecoming - 2008 I think?? Anywho - can't wait!! More friend reunions and visits to our old stomping grounds. Turf burger and cheese curds anyone? 

Things are going stupendous on the wedding front! I think I've snagged a couple more steals for wedding decor off of Craig's List and I'm (and by I, I mean we) narrowing down the choices for a photographer. I would really like to get some engagement pictures in before the fall colors disappear and we find ourselves in the drudge of winter. OH!! And I've found thee most beautiful necklace to wear on the big day too. I'm SO in love with it. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment