Thursday, September 22, 2011

The little brother's nuptials

So last weekend came and boy did it FLY by. My younger brother Christopher and his now wife Kayte were married. It was a great day for a wedding and everyone had a wonderful time. They had the ceremony at a super cute little church at a local college campus and the reception at the Profile Event Center near the U of M.

I wish I had hundreds of photos to share, unfortunately I was running around like a crazy woman all day dealing with hairdo fiascos and flower arrangement "oops's" to take any pictures. I don't think Chris and I even got a picture together all day :(

By the time the ceremony was over and my bridesmaid/florist/sister-of-the-groom duties were over, I was so exhausted I couldn't have cared less about where the photographer was. All I wanted was a BIG glass of red wine and a chair :) The professional photographer snapped some really cute pictures though!
 

So you may be wondering about the whole "florist??" thing. My future mother-in-law Ann agreed to help me do the flowers for their wedding. Rest assured I didn't just sit down one day and say to myself.....hmmm, I think I'll do the flowers for Chris and Kayte's wedding. No no no....I worked in a flower shop during my days at NDSU so I had quite a bit of experience with it. Between my experience and Ann's amazing creativity and design work, the flowers turned out absolutely beautiful!! I did manage to snap a few photos on Friday while we were designing them, but unfortunately didn't get as many as I would have liked to. Here are a few:
Program Table Bouquet
Flower Girl Headpiece
Table Centerpiece
Memorial Bouquet
And of course - who can resist the star of the show ;)

My niece Riley
I'm kidding obviously (who can resist that face though??). Here are the real stars of the show!

  

As fun as the wedding was, I'm breathing a sigh of relief that my florist duties are over. It was fun, but I don't think I'll be taking up a full time job doing that any time soon. 

OH!! And I almost forgot the most important part. There was NO dancing in a bucket for this girl!! Ha!! Someone forgot all about it (or perhaps was too caught up in the fact that he was now married and surrounded by all of his family and friends) so the bucket dance didn't happen :) 

Looking forward to this weekend!! NDSU (my alma mater) is playing the U of M in football. They have played twice in the past and are tied at one win a piece so this game is kind of a big deal. They aren't in the same conference so its almost like its a treat to the fans when these two teams get to meet up and play. I'm excited to see some familiar faces down here and of course to do some tailgating! GO HERD!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment